Prowlarr in Autopirate Docker Swarm stack
Get your FREE "elfhosted" Prowlarr instance for demo / trial
Want to see a live demo, or "kick the tyres" before you commit to self-hosting Prowlarr?
This is not a complete recipe - it's a component of the AutoPirate "uber-recipe", but has been split into its own page to reduce complexity.
Prowlarr is an indexer manager/proxy built on the popular arr .net/reactjs base stack to integrate with your various PVR apps.
Prowlarr supports management of both Torrent Trackers and Usenet Indexers. It integrates seamlessly with Lidarr, Mylar3, Radarr, Readarr, and Sonarr offering complete management of your indexers with no per app Indexer setup required!
Fancy features include:
- Usenet support for 24 indexers natively, including Headphones VIP, and support for any Newznab compatible indexer via "Generic Newznab"
- Torrent support for over 500 trackers with more added all the time
- Torrent support for any Torznab compatible tracker via "Generic Torznab"
- Indexer Sync to Sonarr/Radarr/Readarr/Lidarr/Mylar3, so no manual configuration of the other applications are required
- Indexer history and statistics
- Manual searching of Trackers & Indexers at a category level
- Support for pushing releases directly to your download clients from Prowlarr
- Indexer health and status notifications
- Per Indexer proxy support (SOCKS4, SOCKS5, HTTP, Flaresolverr)
Inclusion into AutoPirate
To include Prowlarr in your AutoPirate stack, include something like the following example in your
autopirate.yml docker-compose stack definition file:
prowlarr: image: lscr.io/linuxserver/prowlarr:nightly env_file: /var/data/config/prowlarr/prowlarr.env volumes: - /var/data/media/:/media - /var/data/prowlarr:/config deploy: replicas: 1 labels: # traefik - traefik.enable=true - traefik.docker.network=traefik_public # traefikv1 - traefik.frontend.rule=Host:prowlarr.example.com - traefik.port=9696 - traefik.frontend.auth.forward.address=http://traefik-forward-auth:4181 - traefik.frontend.auth.forward.authResponseHeaders=X-Forwarded-User - traefik.frontend.auth.forward.trustForwardHeader=true # traefikv2 - "traefik.http.routers.prowlarr.rule=Host(`prowlarr.example.com`)" - "traefik.http.routers.prowlarr.entrypoints=https" - "traefik.http.services.prowlarr.loadbalancer.server.port=9696" - "traefik.http.routers.prowlarr.middlewares=forward-auth" networks: - internal - autopiratev2_public
Fast-track with premix! 🚀
I automatically and instantly share (with my sponsors) a private "premix" git repository, which includes necessary docker-compose and env files for all published recipes. This means that sponsors can launch any recipe with just a
git pull and a
docker stack deploy 👍.
🚀 Update: Premix now includes an ansible playbook, so that sponsors can deploy an entire stack + recipes, with a single ansible command! (more here)
Assemble more tools..
Continue through the list of tools below, adding whichever tools your want to use, and finishing with the end section:
- Lazy Librarian
- End (launch the stack)
Prowlarr vs Jackett
Prowlarr and Jackett perform similar roles (they help you aggregate indexers), but Prowlarr includes the following advantages over Jackett:
- Prowlarr can search both Usenet and Torrent indexers
- Given app API keys, Prowlarr can auto-configuer your Arr apps, adding its indexers. Prowlarr currently auto-configures Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, Mylar, Readarr, and LazyLibrarian
- Prowlarr can integrate with Flaresolverr to make it possible to query indexers behind Cloudflare "are-you-a-robot" protection, which would otherwise not be possible.
Chef's notes 📓
Because Prowlarr is so young (just a little kitten! ), there is no
:latestimage tag yet, so we're using the
:nightlytag instead. Don't come crying to me if baby-Prowlarr bites your ass! ↩
Tip your waiter (sponsor) 👏
Did you receive excellent service? Want to compliment the chef? (..and support development of current and future recipes!) Sponsor me on Github / Ko-Fi / Patreon, or see the contribute page for more (free or paid) ways to say thank you! 👏
Employ your chef (engage) 🤝
Is this too much of a geeky PITA? Do you just want results, stat? I do this for a living - I'm a full-time Kubernetes contractor, providing consulting and engineering expertise to businesses needing short-term, short-notice support in the cloud-native space, including AWS/Azure/GKE, Kubernetes, CI/CD and automation.
Learn more about working with me here.
Flirt with waiter (subscribe) 💌
Want to know now when this recipe gets updated, or when future recipes are added? Subscribe to the RSS feed, or leave your email address below, and we'll keep you updated.