What is this?¶
- Automatic SSL-secured access to all services (with LetsEncrypt)
- SSO / authentication layer to protect unsecured / vulnerable services
- Automated backup of configuration and data
- Monitoring and metrics collection, graphing and alerting
Who is this for?¶
Why should I read this?¶
So if you're familiar enough with the concepts above, and you've done self-hosting before, why would you read any further?
- You want to upskill. You want to work with container orchestration, Prometheus and Grafana, Kubernetes
- You want to play. You want a safe sandbox to test new tools, keeping the ones you want and tossing the ones you don't.
- You want reliability. Once you go from playing with a tool to actually using it, you want it to be available when you need it. Having to "quickly ssh into the basement server and restart plex" doesn't cut it when you finally convince your wife to sit down with you to watch sci-fi.
What have you done for me lately? (CHANGELOG)¶
Check out recent change at CHANGELOG
What do you want from me?¶
Get in touch 👋¶
- Come and say hi to me and the friendly geeks in the Discord chat or the Discourse forums - say hi, ask a question, or suggest a new recipe!
- Tweet me up, I'm @funkypenguin! 🐦
- Contact me by a variety of channels
Buy my book 📖¶
I'm also publishing the Geek Cookbook as a formal eBook (PDF, mobi, epub), on Leanpub (https://leanpub.com/geek-cookbook). Buy it for as little as $5 (which is really just a token gesture of support, since all the content is available online anyway!) or pay what you think it's worth!
Donate / Support me 💰¶
The best way to support this work is to become a Patreon patron (for as little as $1/month!) - You get :
- warm fuzzies,
- access to the pre-mix repo,
- an anonymous plug you can pull at any time,
- and a bunch more loot based on tier
.. and I get some pocket money every month to buy wine, cheese, and cryptocurrency! 🍷 💰